Sunday, February 18, 2024

No Homily This Week

No homily this week. 

Halfway through giving a  homily on Ash Wednesday I became unable to finish it.  Was transported to hospital by ambulance with covid, pneumonia, and dehydration, all of sudden onset.  Because I am immunosuppressed things went fast and furious.  Spent three days in hospital and was then “discharged” to “home hospital” In which the hospital comes to me.  Nurses visit twice daily to administer the several IV medications, pass out the daily doses of oral medications, check the usual, and transmit the information back to hospital.  There is, in my case, a facetime-like meeting with the doc who examined me in the hospital with the option of a home visit by doc if needed (not in my case).  Medications that have to be infused are done so here using a portable infusion kit.  

 

Recovery is going well.  Tomorrow will probably mark discharge once the last of the IV treatments is done. 

 

It has been a little rocky but am planning to take some time before going back to full speed, which these days ain’t very speedy. 

 

Fr. Jack, SJ, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment